Heart-of-the-Mountain Music Studio offers piano instruction for people of all ages. Below you will find a description of private and group class structure. Please contact Michele for further questions. Thank you.
Private / Group Piano Instruction:
- Students meet with the instructor for weekly private lessons to explore study of piano using a range of approaches – study of repertoire; exploration of keyboard knowledge; improvisation; composition.
- Monthly group lessons offer performance settings with peers, exploration of artistry at the piano, rhythm and theory games. Student evaluations are scheduled quarterly during group lesson weeks.
Other performance opportunities include studio recitals, and community outreach. Motivational activities include practice contests and fund-raising for community charitable organizations.
- Year round lessons available
- Private lessons are available Monday – Thursday and are arranged upon enrollment
- Group lessons are organized based on the scheduling needs of the student group
The characteristics of a good musician can be summarized as follows:
1. A well-trained ear
2. A well-trained intelligence
3. A well-trained heart
4. A well-trained hand.
All four must develop together, in constant equilibrium. As soon as one lags behind or rushes ahead, there is something wrong. – Zoltan Kodaly